Documents are Secure with OnPoint.Legal
OnPoint.Legal is built for your Law Practice.
We hear the term “Cloud” tossed around as if every “Cloud” is the same. They are absolutely not. Most companies use the term cloud to simply mean “accessible via the internet”.
Different Types of Clouds
In reality, “Cloud” is dramatically different for every Case Management provider. For some, cloud means a VPN connection, for others, it is a dedicated server or shared web server with little more protections than you would have hosting their legacy program in your own office.
For OnPoint Legal and SharePoint, our hardware was built from the ground up taking advantage of Microsoft’s Azure network. With Azure, your data is stored in multiple data centers and always available from any internet connection. Every piece of hardware is interchangeable and can be instantly scaled to meet the needs of its customers so the system works the same regardless of the number of users or the need to conduct maintenance.
With local and geo-redundant backups, your data is not only recoverable after a catastrophe, it will remain available in real-time regardless of whether that catastrophe is in your office, in Microsoft’s data center, or even if an entire data center is taken down by a catastrophe.
Microsoft “Cloud” | No other cloud provider even comes close.
- Microsoft follows HIPAA and national security guidelines for physical access to data centers.
- You own your data, not Microsoft, so it is not discoverable solely by virtue of its storage location.
- You control access to your data and OnPoint Legal provides simple screens to show who has access both internally and externally to data.
- Your files are exchanged as hyperlinks vice attachments in email. This prevents external users from “accidentally” receiving documents.
- You control security measures on devices such as phones and can require password protection to prevent data stored on devices from being accessible without passwords. You can even wipe your data if a phone is tampered with or too many failed login attempts are made.
- You can utilize Digital Rights Management to protect documents that you have given to opposing counsel.
- If you are worried about losing your internet connection, a simple USB stick from your wireless provider can serve as a backup to your ISP. Modern 4G LTE connections are fast enough to deliver your documents at the same speed as your local ISP and can be made available automatically with a quality router
- Because you have better access to and security over your electronic documents than with paper documents, what is a major barrier to going paperless with Case Management Companies is actually one of OnPoint Legal’s biggest advantages.